Skip to main content

Who Is She *SHORT STORY*

He sat quietly at the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. He wondered how much longer he could endure her.
"So you're not gonna' tell , huh?" Her eyes were brimming with tears. There was a time that he would take great care to dam the tears that welled in her eyes and now he had grown tired. He let out a slow groan.
"This is bullshit..." He mumbled more to himself than toward her.
This sent her in a rage. She sprang from underneath the sheets, her naked body fully exposed. Her once taut backside was riddled with dimples. Her belly ring sunk into her stomach as if it were a secret jewel. He often forgot she had her navel pierced at all.
"My feelings are BULLSHIT?!" She raged on. The words that followed didn't matter. He wasn't listening. Instead he began to massage his temples in a rhythmic motion, soothing himself into a trance of indifference. "God, she is loud." He thought to himself. The distant memories of her whispering sweet professions of love in his ear made him grin.
"So this is a joke?"
A question.
"I'm a joke!"
A confirmation.
She began to sob. He struggled to make sense of what she was saying but he could only dicipher bits and pieces. He began to get angry. Only moments ago they were making love, now the legs that were wrapped around his waist morphed into hands wrapped around his throat. She was suffocating him.
"I JUST WANT TO GET A DAMNED BEER!"
There. He said it.
She stopped crying. Her face contorted into a grimace. He saw trace of saliva pooling over her now squared bottom lip. Where was the beautiful woman he met all that time ago? Who was this bitter, blubbering shipwreck before him?
"Tell me one thing you bastard, and I'll let you get your stupid beer!" She shouted desparately. "WHO IS SHE?"
By now she pathetically retreated back into the bed on all fours; her dimpled bottom fully revealed. She crawled back under the covers and pulled them up to her chin. She seemed to be sheltering herself from something. Her nose was now runny and red, her hair disheveled from earlier passion. Her eyes were red-rimmed and puffy. He wondered where his beautiful woman had gone.
"Who is she?" She asked again. The urgency of his response was apparent. It seemed as if all rested on his answer.
Once more, he looked at this wild and foreign creature that had taken refuge under his sheets. He stood up slowly and pulled up his pants. He turned to her once more and stared for a moment.
"Answer me." She demanded.
"Not you". He replied.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sign Of The Times: Case of The Serial Texter

I was lying in bed when I heard the familiar chime of an incoming text. Opening one eye, I opened the message to see two letters: GM. Still, in the stupor that slumber often puts you in, I scanned my brain to register the meaning...ah yes...Good Morning. I clumsily keyed in "Hey" and hit the send button. I kept my face deep in my pillow listening for another chime. Nothing. I switched my phone into silent mode and caught another hour of sleep before waking up again. This is a typical day in the life of a serial texter. I text a lot. I text because it's free (on my cell plan). I text because it's convenient. I text because it's a great way to have a conversation without actually having a conversation. But what happens when you actually WANT to speak to the other person with whom you are texting? How do you break the pattern? After months of texting, a phone call may prove to be awkward and break the momentum you built through texting! This has happened

A Love Story

Sometimes he looked at me the way I had always wanted to be looked at. His eyes would fill with a wonder as if I was a beautiful creature he never knew existed. I would often pretend I didn't notice, because I liked to be admired a bit longer. I knew he would break his gaze if I acknowledged it. So I sat and made my best effort to remain natural, refusing to ruin the moment with unnecessary interruption. Other times, I would intentionally turn toward him. I would return his gaze and admire every curve of his face. I would notice the perceived flaws and want to kiss them all. My lips would travel across the map of his face, landing on every location of interest. He would laugh, and distract my lips from their unplanned journey by planting his against my own- keeping them in the destination he chose. I was alway obedient to what he wanted. Knowing that he wanted me was enough and so I did as he directed and I enjoyed heeding his unsaid instructions. I knew when he didn't wa

The Real Thing *Relationships/Dating*

I love Marvin Gaye. I love how he croons along with Tammi Terrell about having the "Real Thing". If you have followed my blog over the years, you have seen me get separated, divorced, and hit the dating scene. Its been a long road. There was a time that I was dating just to get my feet wet. I just wanted to get into the habit of conversing and entertaining men in a way that I hadn't due to the confines of marriage. I just wanted to be single again. Eventually I came to want more. I wanted to have something...real. I am not a traditional woman. If I didn't have children I would likely never be married and I would be totally fine with living in a separate home from my significant other and connecting when we wanted to connect and maintaining space all other times. However, I have children...and my lifestyle preferences are not a priority. I am more interested in setting an example and foundation for my girls. So here I am, dating with a purpose. I have been on POF,