Skip to main content

Juice Fast: Day 6 (Still Chuggin')

Yesterday was a snow day. Surprisingly, I wasn't tempted to eat anything.
I learned however that eating has become a habit or accessory with so many other past times. So when I was watching tv, I felt like something was missing... maybe some popcorn? When I chatting on the phone, I swore I should have had a banana. Its interesting to think how often we eat just because.
It also humbled me to think that there are people in other countries as well as my own who eat when they can and here I am taking it for granted that I graze all day out of habit. When you think of the amount of gluttony that has plagued much of our country, it makes the very subject of food just seem...well obscene.
For breakfast, I am sipping on spinach, grapefruit, blackberries, strawberries and a few carrots.
If you haven't realized, I toss carrots in about everything. There is no real reason for it other than they are inexpensive so I purchase them in large quantities and bulk up any juice I make with them.
I tossed some chia seeds in there to get my omega 3 dose for the day.
Today, fasting very much feels like the norm. I have a desire to eat something simply for the sensation of chewing, but I am still satisfied with the juicing. I am not hungry. Or am I just telling myself that?
Wait... I thought about it. I really don't think I am hungry. I drink all day.
Have I noticed any changes? Well not really. I feel good. I have energy. I am enjoying having this much control over what I put in my body. As for weight loss, I haven't been tracking. Im not certain of what I weighed before I started. I will hop on the scale when I am done. I already know that the majority of my loss will be water weight and some muscle mass so I dont count on it staying off. My clothing fits a bit better. I like the way I am looking. Funny enough, I broke out yesterday... I thought juicing would make me immune to things I didnt like. You know, weight gain, pimples, menstrual cramps. Not true. I have experienced it all.
So juicing doesn't mean its a ticket to fabulous and you are free from the regular occurrences of womanhood.
I have been quite "regular" I feel good about that. I feel refreshed. thats all that I can say.
I will also say that while I may look at a burger on television and want to taste it, when I am in my home, I really just want to shovel some lightly steamed broccoli in my mouth.
So ends my post. Still juicing, still drinking, still alive.
Bottom line for todays post? Its not as hard as you think... day 6 and counting.

Comments

  1. I just wanted to say that the breaking account episode is really your body getting rid of toxins. So no you don't get rid of these natural processes that your body uses to dispel crap however its reassurance that you're definitely cleaning house. Keep going strong. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sign Of The Times: Case of The Serial Texter

I was lying in bed when I heard the familiar chime of an incoming text. Opening one eye, I opened the message to see two letters: GM. Still, in the stupor that slumber often puts you in, I scanned my brain to register the meaning...ah yes...Good Morning. I clumsily keyed in "Hey" and hit the send button. I kept my face deep in my pillow listening for another chime. Nothing. I switched my phone into silent mode and caught another hour of sleep before waking up again. This is a typical day in the life of a serial texter. I text a lot. I text because it's free (on my cell plan). I text because it's convenient. I text because it's a great way to have a conversation without actually having a conversation. But what happens when you actually WANT to speak to the other person with whom you are texting? How do you break the pattern? After months of texting, a phone call may prove to be awkward and break the momentum you built through texting! This has happened

A Love Story

Sometimes he looked at me the way I had always wanted to be looked at. His eyes would fill with a wonder as if I was a beautiful creature he never knew existed. I would often pretend I didn't notice, because I liked to be admired a bit longer. I knew he would break his gaze if I acknowledged it. So I sat and made my best effort to remain natural, refusing to ruin the moment with unnecessary interruption. Other times, I would intentionally turn toward him. I would return his gaze and admire every curve of his face. I would notice the perceived flaws and want to kiss them all. My lips would travel across the map of his face, landing on every location of interest. He would laugh, and distract my lips from their unplanned journey by planting his against my own- keeping them in the destination he chose. I was alway obedient to what he wanted. Knowing that he wanted me was enough and so I did as he directed and I enjoyed heeding his unsaid instructions. I knew when he didn't wa

The Real Thing *Relationships/Dating*

I love Marvin Gaye. I love how he croons along with Tammi Terrell about having the "Real Thing". If you have followed my blog over the years, you have seen me get separated, divorced, and hit the dating scene. Its been a long road. There was a time that I was dating just to get my feet wet. I just wanted to get into the habit of conversing and entertaining men in a way that I hadn't due to the confines of marriage. I just wanted to be single again. Eventually I came to want more. I wanted to have something...real. I am not a traditional woman. If I didn't have children I would likely never be married and I would be totally fine with living in a separate home from my significant other and connecting when we wanted to connect and maintaining space all other times. However, I have children...and my lifestyle preferences are not a priority. I am more interested in setting an example and foundation for my girls. So here I am, dating with a purpose. I have been on POF,