Skip to main content

Diva On A Dime: What's Chic (and cheap)

I've decided to roll out Diva On A Dime for my Nappy Haired Diva's out there who want to look flawless without spending a fortune. Hopefully you will enjoy my cool new finds. I plan to have some stylists feature so that you can see their picks for the weekend. This will likely turn into a Friday or a Wednesday post. The jury is still out on that one.
Being a plus size, and fabulous isn't something that came easily. I have to constantly seek clothing that suits my size and shape. Unfortunately, as far as we've come in fashion we still lack great gear for the full figured. Even if being plus sized isn't the issue, there are a variety of demands that aren't met within the fashion industry. Long legs, short legs, long torso's are all a few examples of the issues we all face when seeking our sassy new closet addition as we shop. Sometimes it's so discouraging, we opt not to go out to the stores and do it all online. So hopefully this blog will be something you can use to scout for cool items to add to your collection. Enjoy my fellow divas!

Palm Print Weekender , by Anthropologie. This bag has a fun print with a bold splash of yellow to spice things up and an inverted striped pattern down the center to tie it all together. Originally $168.00USD, this item is now on sale likely out of season. I chose this bag because I think the look of it allows you to get away with using it as a winter bag as the yellow has a deep golden tone that is similar to the gold tone finishes on many winter bags. The brown leather cross strap is the perfect finish and what makes it even better is that it's removable so you can choose how you sport this eye catching bag. It got 4 out of 5 stars on the Anthropologie website, making this accessory a safe investment. $99.95USD



Women's Open Front Blazer, by Sears. I like this one because I am a blazer fanatic. It's a great way to hide the less... "svelte" parts of your body. One of my favorite looks is to wear a decorative tank with an open front blazer and skinny jeans. Add some chunky accessories, and you are casual chic! This blazer is only $10.99USD down from $48.00USD. If you plan to purchase, hop on the bandwagon sooner rather than later because I don't think this is going to last very long at all!

Sheer Panel Black Dress, by Lipsy of London. I'm not going to waste my time with this one. This dress is only about $41.00USD after the currency conversion. Sure you have to pay shipping if you aren't living in the UK, but this dress is well worth the investment. Perfect for parties or a night out on the town, every woman ought to have a little black dress and I strongly suggest this one. The sheer black panel provides an interesting accent to an otherwise traditional little black dress. Buy it now and thank me later!



Zesty and I Know It All Heel by Mojo Moxy is on Modcloth dot com.  This fun heel makes me think vintage but still has a fun modern look to it that makes it a fab find. According to one review, the buyer had to purchase another size up so it may not be true to size if your feet are on the wider side. A narrow foot may be fine. High arches may also be wary of this shoe based on the review I read. The heel doesn't appear to be too high, but I would imagine this shoe is not for heavy walking but more so for sitting in the office or attending a casual event where you can grab a seat often. Definitely not dancing shoes from what I've gathered.  The shoe is constructed of man made materials with a leather sole. As a shoe lover, I think this would be a fun addition to my closet and I plan to see about making a purchase on this one soon. $62.99USD

Have something in mind that you would like to see on the next Diva On A Dime post? Contact me, and I may just feature for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sign Of The Times: Case of The Serial Texter

I was lying in bed when I heard the familiar chime of an incoming text. Opening one eye, I opened the message to see two letters: GM. Still, in the stupor that slumber often puts you in, I scanned my brain to register the meaning...ah yes...Good Morning. I clumsily keyed in "Hey" and hit the send button. I kept my face deep in my pillow listening for another chime. Nothing. I switched my phone into silent mode and caught another hour of sleep before waking up again. This is a typical day in the life of a serial texter. I text a lot. I text because it's free (on my cell plan). I text because it's convenient. I text because it's a great way to have a conversation without actually having a conversation. But what happens when you actually WANT to speak to the other person with whom you are texting? How do you break the pattern? After months of texting, a phone call may prove to be awkward and break the momentum you built through texting! This has happened

A Love Story

Sometimes he looked at me the way I had always wanted to be looked at. His eyes would fill with a wonder as if I was a beautiful creature he never knew existed. I would often pretend I didn't notice, because I liked to be admired a bit longer. I knew he would break his gaze if I acknowledged it. So I sat and made my best effort to remain natural, refusing to ruin the moment with unnecessary interruption. Other times, I would intentionally turn toward him. I would return his gaze and admire every curve of his face. I would notice the perceived flaws and want to kiss them all. My lips would travel across the map of his face, landing on every location of interest. He would laugh, and distract my lips from their unplanned journey by planting his against my own- keeping them in the destination he chose. I was alway obedient to what he wanted. Knowing that he wanted me was enough and so I did as he directed and I enjoyed heeding his unsaid instructions. I knew when he didn't wa

The Real Thing *Relationships/Dating*

I love Marvin Gaye. I love how he croons along with Tammi Terrell about having the "Real Thing". If you have followed my blog over the years, you have seen me get separated, divorced, and hit the dating scene. Its been a long road. There was a time that I was dating just to get my feet wet. I just wanted to get into the habit of conversing and entertaining men in a way that I hadn't due to the confines of marriage. I just wanted to be single again. Eventually I came to want more. I wanted to have something...real. I am not a traditional woman. If I didn't have children I would likely never be married and I would be totally fine with living in a separate home from my significant other and connecting when we wanted to connect and maintaining space all other times. However, I have children...and my lifestyle preferences are not a priority. I am more interested in setting an example and foundation for my girls. So here I am, dating with a purpose. I have been on POF,