Skip to main content

Khloe Kardashian: Celebrities Who Are Just Like Us

So, Khloe Kardashian has rushed to her estranged husband's side to be there for him after being rescued from a Las Vegas brothel eh? Surprise , surprise. She still loves him clearly and proceeding with a divorce when her estranged husband is incapacitated seems like the moral thing to do. With the memes that are being circulated lately about Odom's drug habit and saving his marriage by being a junky and sleeping with whores, people have cast  Khloe Kardashian as the village idiot in of  the Khloe-Lamar Love Story. But can we really say anything? Khloe is in the public eye so we all see her idiocy whether she likes it or not, but plenty of us have made similar decisions. We're just fortunate to have our folly concealed behind the lips of faithful friends.
Plenty of women and men have not only endured drug addicts, liars, cheaters, but  left them only to take them back a time or two hundred. This behavior isn't news to us. It just makes the news because we enjoy basking in other people's suffering. Welcome to our effed up society. Cup of tea anyone?
This news of Khloe Kardashian led me to hand pick some other celebrities who have made equally poor choices:

Sandra Bullock: She married Jessie James. If the name wasn't an omen, I don't know what was. Her Jessie James wasn't the famed outlaw, but rather a TV show mechanic who didn't seem the likely choice for someone of Bullocks caliber. However, good girls always want the bad boy and Sandra did well in choosing someone that was really bad. James apparently had a string of affairs for the entire course of their marriage. Bullock didn't leave. She actually stuck it out until she completely struck out when numerous allegations of more affairs came pouring in. Seems like Sandra couldn't take it anymore and decided to cut her ties and leave the dark side. Glad she saw the light.

Eleanor Roosevelt: Umhmm, let's take it there. She was married to her distant cousin FDR and while her husband made significant strides while in office (he led us out of the Great Depression for goodness sake) he wasn't the most faithful husband to his wife. FDR had a lasting love in Lucy Mercer and Eleanor found out all about it. She offered him a divorce, but her husband denied; afraid of the effect it would have on his political career. Eleanor knew her husbands loyalty was one born out of obligation rather than love and she developed a love of her own. Eleanor started seeing Lorena Hickok, an accomplished journalist. Lorena Hickok or "Hick" as Eleanor so affectionately called her exchanged numerous letters with the First Lady that were definitely romantic in nature. Who can blame the First Lady in this love affair? FDR has been suspected to have a few more romps under his belt besides the more popular noted Mercer affair. I suppose her commitment to politics, her children and appearance is what allowed Eleanor to stay, but in this day in age no one would have hated her for leaving.

Robin Thicke: He was an idiot. He had a beautiful and accomplished wife in Paula Patton. I mean, this woman only gets better looking with time. He ruined it all. After being HS sweethearts and married for almost nine years before Patton filed for divorce. Now while we can only speculate on her reason for doing so, one thing we can count on was that Robin was in the wrong. After a shameless attempt to get his wife back I mean an  album entitled "Paula" that didn't fair too well with the ex or the fans, Robin Thicke's career seemed to skyrocket all the way up to super stardom and crash all the way down to douchebag.

In a nutshell folks? Celebrities are just like us, just rich. Don't let the dollars fool you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sign Of The Times: Case of The Serial Texter

I was lying in bed when I heard the familiar chime of an incoming text. Opening one eye, I opened the message to see two letters: GM. Still, in the stupor that slumber often puts you in, I scanned my brain to register the meaning...ah yes...Good Morning. I clumsily keyed in "Hey" and hit the send button. I kept my face deep in my pillow listening for another chime. Nothing. I switched my phone into silent mode and caught another hour of sleep before waking up again. This is a typical day in the life of a serial texter. I text a lot. I text because it's free (on my cell plan). I text because it's convenient. I text because it's a great way to have a conversation without actually having a conversation. But what happens when you actually WANT to speak to the other person with whom you are texting? How do you break the pattern? After months of texting, a phone call may prove to be awkward and break the momentum you built through texting! This has happened

A Love Story

Sometimes he looked at me the way I had always wanted to be looked at. His eyes would fill with a wonder as if I was a beautiful creature he never knew existed. I would often pretend I didn't notice, because I liked to be admired a bit longer. I knew he would break his gaze if I acknowledged it. So I sat and made my best effort to remain natural, refusing to ruin the moment with unnecessary interruption. Other times, I would intentionally turn toward him. I would return his gaze and admire every curve of his face. I would notice the perceived flaws and want to kiss them all. My lips would travel across the map of his face, landing on every location of interest. He would laugh, and distract my lips from their unplanned journey by planting his against my own- keeping them in the destination he chose. I was alway obedient to what he wanted. Knowing that he wanted me was enough and so I did as he directed and I enjoyed heeding his unsaid instructions. I knew when he didn't wa

The Real Thing *Relationships/Dating*

I love Marvin Gaye. I love how he croons along with Tammi Terrell about having the "Real Thing". If you have followed my blog over the years, you have seen me get separated, divorced, and hit the dating scene. Its been a long road. There was a time that I was dating just to get my feet wet. I just wanted to get into the habit of conversing and entertaining men in a way that I hadn't due to the confines of marriage. I just wanted to be single again. Eventually I came to want more. I wanted to have something...real. I am not a traditional woman. If I didn't have children I would likely never be married and I would be totally fine with living in a separate home from my significant other and connecting when we wanted to connect and maintaining space all other times. However, I have children...and my lifestyle preferences are not a priority. I am more interested in setting an example and foundation for my girls. So here I am, dating with a purpose. I have been on POF,